ParaPro Assessment Testing at Cape Coral Technical College
- Scheduled testing dates at Cape Coral Technical College are found on the flyer (right).
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes before test time.
- Please preregister and pay at Cape Coral Technical College— credit card, cash, or a money order only.
What is the cost of the ParaPro test?
Cost of the test is $70 (nonrefundable).
May I pay on the day of the ParaPro test?
No. Testing is by prepaid reservation only – credit card, cash, or money order only.
Where can I find ParaPro test prep materials?
For test prep materials, visit website.
How long is the ParaPro Test?
Approximately 2½ hours.
How many questions are on the ParaPro test?
The test consists of 90 multiple-choice questions.
What areas are tested?
The ParaPro Assessment measures skills and knowledge in reading, mathematics, and writing, as well as the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to assist in classroom instruction.
What should I bring on the day of the test?
Bring a photo ID and know your social security number.
- Calculators, cell phones and all other electronic devices are not allowed in the testing room.
- Test-takers should arrive unaccompanied to the test site as there is no place for friends or family to wait during testing.
May I bring food or drink to the testing center?
Only bottled water is permitted
Does the Testing Center have a dress code?
The School District of Lee County’s dress code policy is enforced—no shorts or tank tops
Why do I need to take the ParaPro Test?
Federal legislation, known as No Child Left Behind, requires that beginning January 8, 2002, paraprofessionals are required to have one of the following:
- An Associate of Arts degree
- A minimum of 48 semester hours of college credit
- Demonstrated, through a state or local academic assessment, knowledge of, and the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing, and math
Have questions? Contact us or call (239) 574-4440.