Nursing Assistant - Articulated
Do you want a career where you can make a difference in people’s lives? Would you like to become a hero and become a positive influence for those in need? Can you see yourself as a Nursing Assistant, part of a health care team working side by side with nurses and doctors providing care to those in need?
Our top notch, board approved Nursing Assistant Program is your answer! Begin your new career in just as little as 6 weeks with lower tuition costs than most schools—which means less money out of pocket!
Nursing Assistant Program graduates are trained care givers and eligible to take the Florida State Nursing Certification Exam. The test is offered right in the classroom at Cape Coral Technical College.
Our small classes are designed to provide you with hands-on, personal instruction. You will work directly with patients, doctors and nurses at hospitals and other patient care facilities. Our instructor, a Licensed Registered Nurse, will give you personal training in becoming a competent and caring Nursing Assistant.
The health care industry is in high-demand for qualified Nursing Assistant employees. With Cape Coral Technical College’s approved Nursing Assistant Program, the training for hospital positions qualifies and prepares you to become a member of this exciting field.
2016-2017 Class Schedules
September 22- November 2, 2016
November 7- December 20, 2016
January 9- February 16, 2017
February 23- April 4, 2017
April 18- May 25, 2017
Class Time: 8:00 am- 2:30 pm Monday - Friday
Clinical Time: starts at 6:30 am, ending hour varies.
Our students find jobs with...
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Home Health Settings
- Long Term Care
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Adult Day Care
Courses and Credit Hours
- 165 hours (approximately six school weeks in length)
- Health Science CORE - 90 hours
- Articulated Nursing Assistant - 75 hours
- Prospective students must be 18 years of age or a high school graduate or its equivalent by the first day of class and meet minimum admissions criteria on the Admission Criteria Matrix for Nursing Assistant.
- Prospective students are required to schedule an appointment with our Admissions Office prior to enrollment.
- Prior to program completion, students are required to achieve the following scores on the “Test for Adult Basic Education” (TABE):
- Mathematics 8.0
- Language 8.0
- Reading 8.0
- Additional program requirements for this program are listed below.
- Score at the 8th grade level on the TABE assessment
- Complete immunizations, drug screen and background check.
- To get started - call 239-574-4440 or email our Admissions Office today!
Accreditations, Licenses, Certifications
- Our Nursing Assistant program has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
- After successful completion of the program students receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to take the Prometric Florida Certified Nursing Assistant State Exam. This certification is required to gain employment at Lee Memorial Health System as well as most health care facilities working as a CNA, (Certified Nursing Assistants).
- Other school certifications awarded after successful completion are:
- Cape Coral Technical College Certificate of Completion- Health Science CORE
- Cape Coral Technical College Certificate of Completion- Articulated Nursing Assistant
- Mary Anne Enns, MSN, RN, CNE
Learn More - Nursing Assistant
*For details on cost of entire program, read disclosure statement.
Buy Textbooks Online
Have questions? Contact us or call (239) 574-4440.