Practical Nursing - PN
Do you want to make a difference? Can you see yourself in a medical career that allows you be part of a profession that continually grows and is always in demand? Our top notch, board approved Practical Nursing program is your answer!
LPN Ranked #5 in 2016Cape Coral Technical College's Practical Nursing program has been ranked as one of the top 30 LPN programs in the state of Florida, ranking at an impressive #5!
82 Statewide LPN programs were assessed on several factors which represent how well a program supports students towards licensure and beyond.
Congratulations to the entire LPN team at CCTC on this wonderful accomplishment!
Begin your new career in just 12 months (full-time program) with lower tuition costs than most schools--which means less money out of pocket! Practical Nursing graduates are eligible to take the National Licensing Exam AND may be eligible for advanced credit in the Nursing Associate Degree program at Edison State College or any Florida community college.
Our small classes are designed to provide you with excellent hands-on training, personal instruction, and are completed in one year. As a student, you'll work directly with patients, physicians and nurses in hospitals and other health care facilities.
Our instructors, Licensed Registered Nurses, will personally guide you in becoming a competent and compassionate nurse. They'll prepare you for the National Nursing certification exam and offer you job placement assistant. Bright Futures Scholarships are accepted, and financial aid is available.
Full-time Practical Nursing start dates:
August 10, 2017, Classroom hours: 8:00 am – 2:30 pm Monday – Friday. All admission requirements due June 29, 2017. Clinical Time: Varies
February, 2018 (exact date to be announced), Classroom hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 2:30pm. All admission requirements due November 1, 2017. Clinical Time: Varies
Part-time Practical Nursing start date:
September 5, 2017, Takes 2 years to complete. Classroom hours: Tuesday & Thursday, 8am – 4:30pm. All admission requirements due July 17, 2017. Clinical Time: Varies
Our students find jobs in …
- Long Term Care
- Out-patient Clinics
- Physician Offices
- Home Care
- Adult Day Care
- Correctional Facilities
Courses and Credit Hours
- 1350 hours (approximately one calendar year in length)
- Practical Nurse 1
Nursing, Geriatric Nursing, Body Structure, Function and Nutrition, and Clinical Practicum, administration of pharmacology, bio-psycho - social nursing
- Practical Nurse 2
Medical-Surgical Nursing and Clinical Practicum, Maternity Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Transitional Nursing and Clinical Practicum, employability
- Prospective students must be 18 years old upon entrance unless a special wavier is granted by the Program Director.
- Prospective students are required to schedule an appointment with our Admissions Office prior to enrollment.
- If not exempt, students are required to achieve the following
scores on the “Test for Adult Basic Education” (TABE):
- Mathematics – 11
- Language - 11
- Reading – 11
- Additional program requirements for this program are listed below.
- Schedule to take the TEAS (Test of Essentials Academic Skills). Complete essay following the TEAS exam.
- Score at the 11th grade level on the TABE assessment.
- Compete the PN application packet and return it to the campus you plan on attending.
- Include documentation of health-related work or health-related volunteer work on official letterhead (if applicable) and post-secondary health related education in the form of an official transcript, with the application.
- Admission is based on a point system, check the Criteria Selection Matrix for further explanation of the point system.
- Once accepted student will need to complete a physical & immunizations, drug screen and background check.
- Use of a computer with internet access is required.
- To get started - call 239-574-4440 or email our Admissions Office today!
Accreditations, Licenses, Certifications
- Our PN Program has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
- After successful completion of the program students receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN), WHICH is required for licensure in the state of Florida.
CCTC NCLEX-PN Pass Rates: 2014, 100%; 2015, 97%; 2016, 96%
- Students also earn 10 credit hours, or more, toward an Associate Degree in Registered Nursing at any Florida Community College.
Learn More - Practical Nursing PN Program
*For details on cost of entire program, read disclosure statement.
Buy Textbooks Online
Have questions? Contact us or call (239) 574-4440.