Computer Systems & Information Technology
Computer Systems & Information Technology is the area of information technology which focuses on the end user infrastructure of a network. This course prepares the student to support desktops, laptops, printers, operating systems, tables, smart phones and basic wireless services and has
Businesses and IT organizations have long considered CompTIA certifications the gold standard for vendor neutral foundational training. This course offers a chance for students to earn the three main CompTIA certifications in a one year period. Students start with Net+ certification to gain a foundational understanding of networks and the components that make them up. Students then move on to Security+ to gain a foundational understanding of security threats to the network and how to mitigate them. Students finish up with A+ to gain foundational understanding of end user devices.
Successful completion of the course and passing all exams will earn the student A+, Net+, & Security+ certifications, the trifecta of entry level certifications and will make them eligible for almost all entry lever jobs in the IT field.
Our students find jobs at...
- Tiger Direct
- Computer Businesses in the Ft. Myers/Cape Coral Area
- Your job skills and A+ Certification can take you anywhere geographically.
Courses and Credit Hours
- 900 clock hours (approximately one school year in length)
- Prospective students must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Prospective students are required to schedule an appointment with our Admissions Office prior to enrollment.
- Additional program requirements for this program are listed below.
- Prior to program completion, students are required to achieve the
following scores on the “Test for Adult Basic Education” (TABE):
- Mathematics 9
- Language 9
- Reading 9
- To get started - call 239-574-4440 or email our Admissions Office today!
Accreditations, Licenses, Certifications
- Eligible for the CompTIA A+ certification exams
- Microsoft Office Specialist (2013)
- Cape Coral Technical College Certificate of Completion
Learn More - Computer Systems & Information Technology Program
*For details on cost of entire program, read disclosure statement.
Buy Textbooks Online
Have questions? Contact us or call (239) 574-4440.