Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Information
TABE testing requires:
- $15 testing fee (checks are NOT accepted)
- picture ID
- social security number
Results are given immediately after the completion of admissions testing.
Subjects tested and test length:
- Reading – 25 minutes
- Language – 25 minutes
- Applied Mathematics – 25 minutes
- Mathematics Computation – 15 minutes
Specific scores are required for application to certain programs or in order to successfully complete a program (see individual program pages). In an effort to avoid over-whelming students enrolled in career classes, we recommend that students complete testing and upgrading prior to career enrollment.
Only students 16 years of age and older may test. Parent permission is required for 16 and 17 year olds. Minor Permission Form.
You may not be required to take the TABE if you graduated from a Florida public high school in 2007 or later with a standard diploma, if you are active duty U.S. military, or you have earned a college degree. Meet with the student services to see if you qualify for the exemption.
TABE Skills Remediation
TABE remediation for career classes requires enrollment in an Applied Academics course
- The cost is $30 – must register in the front office with an Admissions Specialist
- Instruction is individualized per each student’s TABE results.
- Re-testing allowed after 60 hours of remediation