Do you want to work in a fun, fast paced medical environment where you will be helping others?
Want a varied career that involves the fields of medicine, math and chemistry?
Are you interested in becoming a pharmacy technician?
The length of this course is 1050 hours about 10 months, with a total cost of $4685
Our Pharmacy Technician program will get you started in your new career! As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll enjoy an exciting, always changing position that allows you to care for patients while keeping up with the latest in the world of medicine. The Pharmacy Technician Program at Cape Coral Technical College gives you the skills needed to begin a new career as a Pharmacy Technician. You will participate in a basic health care worker course, which covers the essentials needed to work in any healthcare field. During this time a CPR course is given, earning students a CPR Heartsaver certification. Practical knowledge will also come as we study body systems and functions. This will lay the groundwork for pharmacology, during which time we learn about medications and discover how they affect our body’s systems.
While use of a computer in a pharmacy is required, only basic skills are needed to begin this program. Our class implements a pharmacy software program to give you the training in data entry that will be needed for most pharmacy technician positions. In addition, hands-on training include applications in the lab. You will practice counting, pouring and drug compounding techniques, medication depensing and prescription filling. Our facility is fortunate to have affiliation agreements with many local pharmacies. This gives you the opportunity to apply knowledge received from the classroom and lab experiences in the field and get a true hands-on, work study experience for future positions such as: prescription entry, pharmacy clerk, pharmacy cashier, pharmacy customer service representative, pharmacy aide, and pharmacist assistant.
The Pharmacy Technician Program here at Cape Coral Technical College is a program that has been approved by the Florida State Board of Pharmacy. This makes every student completing the course eligible to apply for state licensure. In addition, you’ll be prepared for and encouraged to take a national examination.
Our students find jobs with…
- Community (Chain & Independent) Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies and Healthcare Facilities
- Home Health and Long Term Care Facilities
- Mail Service and Delivery Pharmacies
- Military and VA Facilities
- Compounding Pharmacies
Courses and Credit Hours
- 1050 clock hours, approximately one school year in length (includes clinical hours in local pharmacies)
- Basic Healthcare Worker
- Pharmacy Technician 1
- Pharmacy Technician 2
- Pharmacy Technician 3
- Prospective students are required to schedule an appointment with our Admissions Office prior to enrollment.
- Additional program requirements for this program are listed below:
- Score at the 10th grade level in Reading, 10th grade level in Language and 11th grade level in Mathematics on the Wonderlic assessment.
- Once accepted, students will need to complete immunizations, drug screen and background check.
- Use of computer is required.
- To get started – call 239-574-4440 or email our Admissions Office today!
Accreditations, Licenses, Certifications
- COE accredited
- Upon program completion, students will be eligible to register for licensure with the Florida State Board of Pharmacy.
- Students are prepared and registered to sit for a National Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam.
• Terri Reisinger
*For details on the cost of the entire program, read disclosure statement.