Do you want to make a difference? Can you see yourself in a medical career that allows you be part of a profession that continually grows and is always in demand? Our top notch, board approved Practical Nursing program is your answer!
The length of this course is about 12 months for the full-time program, with a total cost of $6,984.
LPN Ranked #2 in 2019
Cape Coral Technical College’s Practical Nursing program has been ranked as one of the top LPN programs in the state of Florida, ranking at an impressive #2!
Congratulations to the entire LPN team at CCTC on this wonderful accomplishment!
Begin your new career in just 12 months, from start to finish with lower tuition costs than most schools, which means less money out of pocket! Practical Nursing graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Licensing Exam AND may be eligible for advanced credit in the Nursing Associate Degree program at Florida Southwestern College or any Florida community college.
Our small classes are designed to provide you with excellent hands-on training, personal instruction. As a student, you’ll work directly with patients, physicians, and nurses in hospitals and other healthcare facilities and experience a variety of interactive simulation case scenarios.
Our instructors, Licensed Registered Nurses, will personally guide you in becoming a competent and compassionate nurse. They’ll prepare you for the National Nursing certification exam and offer you job placement assistant. Bright Futures Scholarships are accepted, and financial aid is available.
Practical Nursing Start dates:
Start Date: Full-Time PN October 1, 2020. All admission requirements due July 17, 2020.
Classroom hours: 8:00 am – 2:30 pm Monday – Friday. Clinical Time: Varies
Part-time Practical Nursing Program Begins Again Fall of 2021
Our students find jobs in …
- Long Term Care
- Out-patient Clinics
- Physician Offices
- Home Care
- Adult Day Care
- Correctional Facilities
Courses and Credit Hours
- 1350 hours full-time (approximately one calendar year in length). And part-time approximately 24 months
- Semester 1
Nursing Foundations, Geriatric Nursing, Body Structure, Function/Nutrition, Administration of Medications, Bio-Psycho – Social Nursing, Medical-Surgical Nursing and Clinical Practicum.
- Semester 2
Medical-Surgical Nursing, Maternity Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Transitional Nursing, Employability, and Clinical Practicum.
- Prospective students must be 18 years old upon entrance unless a special wavier is granted by the Program Director.
- Prospective students are required to schedule an appointment with our Admissions Office prior to enrollment.
- Additional program requirements for this program are listed below.
- Schedule to take the TEAS (Test of Essentials Academic Skills). Complete essay following the TEAS exam.
- Complete the PN application packet and return it to the campus you plan on attending.
- Include documentation of health-related work or health-related volunteer work on official letterhead (if applicable) and post-secondary health-related education in the form of an official transcript, with the application.
- Admission is based on a point system, check the Criteria Selection Matrix for further explanation of the point system.
- Once accepted student will need to complete a physical & immunizations, drug screen and background check.
- Use of a computer with internet access is required.
- To get started – call 239-574-4440 or email our Admissions Office today!
Cape Coral Technical College Remote Testing Center
TEAS Exam through ATI
Registering for the test:
- Log onto the ATI website to create an account and register: https://www.atitesting.com/teas/register
- Once you have registered to take the TEAS test through the ATI website and have a session ID, please fill out the form below to register for a testing time with Cape Coral Technical College Remote Testing Center: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oes1yuMqzr0_KlheL5LSjYqHcqshQ5KqVQZPeynjs9M/edit
Complete your computer setup at least 24-48hrs before your scheduled dry run date
Attend dry run on selected date
- Once you have registered, please be sure to complete the dry run with the Cape Coral Technical College Testing Coordinator. This process should take no more than 15 minutes, depending on computer/technology issues.
Day of Testing:
- Log on promptly at 8 a.m. The Cape Coral Testing Coordinator will begin admitting students at 8am. Testing sessions will be closed at 8:30 a.m.
- Please email us and we can help you troubleshoot: email@example.com
Accreditations, Licenses, Certifications
- Our PN Program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
- After successful completion of the program students receive a certificate of completion and are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN), WHICH is required for licensure in the state of Florida. CCTC NCLEX-PN Pass Rates: 2014, 100%; 2015, 97%; 2016, 96%; 2017, 100%; 2018, 100%
- Students also earn 10 credit hours, or more, toward an Associate Degree in Registered Nursing at any Florida Community College.